Tuesday 27 June 2017

Prismatic Thought - 25,000 pageviews

Comrades and friends!

In an early masterpiece, Soul and Form, written before his revolutionary intervention in Marxism, Georg Lukács suggested that the forms of literature are like the spectrum created by sunlight shining through a prism.   In this array of beams, he suggested, critical thought and writing is like ultraviolet light.

My hope is that this blog sometimes rises to the level of ultraviolet irradiation of the world and experience of what Adorno later called 'damaged life', whether in regard to Ireland or Palestine, or the world of ideas, politics and books, which are my principal interests.

This blog has just attained the impressive figure of 25,000 pageviews, over its five year history.   Thank you to all of my readers, and I hope you'll keep reading!

As indicated by the very fine contribution by Graham MacPhee, I am keen for friends and colleagues to offer guest posts.  If you are interested, please get in touch with me.

Conor

No comments:

Post a Comment